Sunday, April 29, 2012

Citrus Garlic Broccolli


 Wow, this stuff is good!  This broccoli recipe has transformed me from a broccoli fearing, wannabe vegetarian into an absolute broccoli fiend.  Seriously.  It's salty, tangy, garlicky, crunchy, and, for added addictiveness, can even be a tad sweet.  I prefer this to french fries and find that if I don't make it for a few days, I start to really crave it.  I make this recipe at least a few times a week, and each time I do, I eat a whole plate of broccoli at once!  Inspired by the best vegan broccoli of my life, I took things one step further to simplify.  This is even better than the previous version!  This is my go-to, healthy, lazy, deeeleeeeshous ahhhmazing broccoli for busy, daily life.

To share in the glory of this broccoli dish, you will need:

Washed and chopped broccoli (the pre-washed and dried bags at the grocery store work really well here; if you insist on washing everything yourself, be sure you dry the broccoli quite thoroughly before roasting it!)

  • Nonstick olive oil spray or olive oil, or both
  • Salt (I used sea salt)
  • Pepper (I used freshly ground pepper)
  • Garlic (either thinly sliced or chopped fresh cloves or powder)
  • Citrus fruit of choice (lemon or orange work wonders here)


  1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
  3. Cover sheet with broccoli and garlic.  
  4. Spray everything again, generously to coat (or toss with some olive oil - more fatty but very delicious!)
  5. Salt and pepper everything.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes or so, or until the outer edges of the broccoli are crisp and brown.
  7. Cut the citrus fruit of choice in half and squeeze the juice over the broccoli.
  8. Toss to coat.  Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
  9. Enjoy!







Psychedelic broccoli?  I inverted the colors using Picasa for this photo.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely something I could devour huge amounts of :D Will be trying it soon! Found your site today from Healthy Aperture and happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaitlin! Your post made my day! I think I'm going to have to start making some of your recipes and following your blog too!

      Delete